Thursday, June 25

(or how to find stimulation in tedium)

my work is not really repetitious but its not super exciting either
business here is slow, really really unbelievably slow
and then there is heat, boredom, and paperwork to deal with...

meanwhile the car trip t work that would take me anywhere from 50 min to an hour is now taking me 40 mins
yay for that - i am also more actively driving (as opposed to being on autopilot), still doing best to be scrimping on fuel and also getting aware of driving patterns and drivers around me. so if it is usually an alto or maybe a zen thats holding up traffic by driving painfully slow, its usually the santros that are zipping madly switching lanes. indicas and 800s are usually quite indisciplined and the SUV are notorious bullies. my vote is usually with the wagon rs.

so from a cautious safe driver i am also becoming more adventurous, and if truth be told, aggressive on the roads

its contagious

its the senseless silly drivers of delhi and i am one of them

am hitting back at people who cut into my lane, honk furiously, take sharp turns, overtake but always indicate when switching lanes unlike the santros! and i mark them off like people in a party - that golden toyota - why is he so indecisive, god let me not be trapped behind him - must not get into the same lane as that blue alto, see that honda city guy is actually indicating, why can the stupid safari do the same and uh oh trapped behind the blue alto after all.

they're all friends and mostly foes, slowing me down, honking at me and zipping with me

and i never see them again, they're playmates for a day - for an hour and sometimes mostly for a few mins while i videogame my way to office and back.

thankfully there is no way to lose

1 comment:

william said...

I am so glad you came up for air
I worried

...slowly unpacking and growing roots...