Thursday, April 21

Relationships and why they work and don't -

(also why at 25, single and unattached, I am not a part of the rishta loop)
prompted by posting on http://pakibarbie.blogspot.com/
I have this theory about how love is like a connection - like a cosmologoical connection not really requiring solidities of life. Not requiring compatibilities as we view them but like a spark or wavelength connection - a very undefinable elusive phenomenon. Could be between a human and an idea - (Meera and Krishna) or I could so easily fall for some character in a book or a close friend falls for someone forty years older - and a gora at that... But the physical manifestation as in the actual relationship requires it to be convenient to really work, meera could love krishna, and i can love my village potter, but in real life you dont stand a chance, not unless you can really define and restrict contexts of existance or switch the rest of your brain off. the existence of two conflicting parts of brain is quite painful. So a socially appropriate "suitable boy" with all paper qualifications - the right job, the right height, the right family connectins could really be very easy to live with and very convenient to raise children with, but thats not how I will fall in love or discover the cosmological connect - and really, I don't know how I will ... if at all... I promise my next mail will be cheerful and nice, right now am quite cynical...

No comments:

...slowly unpacking and growing roots...