Sunday, June 5

changing backdrops....

"What is the purpose, I wonder, of all this restlessness? I sometimes seem to myself to wander around the world merely accumulating material for future nostalgias..."

my sister sent me this - from vikram seth - its true tho - sometimes i think i love the souvenirs more than the trip, the trip for the souvenirs and not the other way round, the journey should be important, but i'd rather collect stories, picking up chracters and chucking the ones that don't fit the plot, and putting in twists to keep the suspense going, the aderalin flowing... not behaving at all as if it is real....




maybe it isn't.

1 comment:

meatwad said...

I think this happens to all of us from time to time. Sometimes, we are so excited to be where we are, all we want to do is remember how it feels - souvenirs have a way of helping us do just that. Of course, often when travelling, one finds that the shopping is just too good to pass up...

...slowly unpacking and growing roots...